System State Restore fails on Windows - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on System State Restore fails on Windows - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, hope someone can help. We are currently trying to restore a system state to a Windows 2000 Standard server.(This is not a domain controller) The restore completes succesfully, but upon reboot we get to the point where the progress ...

  1. System State Restore fails on Windows

    Hi, hope someone can help.
    We are currently trying to restore a system state to a Windows 2000 Standard
    server.(This is not a domain controller)
    The restore completes succesfully, but upon reboot we get to the point where
    the progress bar is completing along the bottom of the screen, and then it
    reboots itself.
    It then continues to reboot itself until we switch the power off.

    Anyone have any thoughts, as we must be able to restore system states on
    other servers aswell.
    One final point. When we try to restore system state on a number of other
    servers, the system state restore has failed on those aswell (exactly the
    same problem with the reboot cycle). So all our netbackup system state restores
    are failing!!!!!!!!

    Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: System State Restore fails on Windows

    Are you restoring back to same hardware? Or do the servers have
    different hardware on them?

    Jeff

    On 31 May 2005 11:54:42 -0500, "advent"
    wrote:

    >Hi, hope someone can help.
    >We are currently trying to restore a system state to a Windows 2000 Standard
    >server.(This is not a domain controller)
    >The restore completes succesfully, but upon reboot we get to the point where
    >the progress bar is completing along the bottom of the screen, and then it
    >reboots itself.
    >It then continues to reboot itself until we switch the power off.
    >
    >Anyone have any thoughts, as we must be able to restore system states on
    >other servers aswell.
    >One final point. When we try to restore system state on a number of other
    >servers, the system state restore has failed on those aswell (exactly the
    >same problem with the reboot cycle). So all our netbackup system state restores
    >are failing!!!!!!!!
    >
    >Any help greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread