Catalog Restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Catalog Restore - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello everyone, how can i do a Catalog Restore to a new Master Server. The Master Server Name has changed. When I do a restore I get always the following Message : Recovering nbu1-xxxx:d:\Veritas\NetBackup\db cannot execute /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar tar32 -x -v ...

  1. Catalog Restore

    Hello everyone,

    how can i do a Catalog Restore to a new Master Server.
    The Master Server Name has changed. When I do a restore I get always the
    following Message :
    Recovering nbu1-xxxx:d:\Veritas\NetBackup\db
    cannot execute /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar tar32 -x -v -Y -p -P -f on nbu1-xxxx
    client/server handshaking failed

    The Catalog Backup is on Harddisk and the new Server is not nbu1-xxx his
    name is nbutest.

    How can i tell the bprecover that the Hostname is not nbu1-xxxx and its now
    nbutest.

    Thanks for your help

    Greetings Frank

  2. Re: Catalog Restore

    Use bprecover with the -dhost option and specify the name of the new
    server. However, for DR situations it is recommended that the new
    master have the same name as the old master. Also, I believe that the
    -dhost option was added in NBU 5.0 so if you are using an older
    version the dhost option may not work. Check the commands guide in 5.x
    for correct syntax. The -dhost option is added at the end of the
    command line after all other entries.

    Jeff

    On 31 May 2005 11:37:54 -0500, "Frank"
    wrote:

    >Hello everyone,
    >
    >how can i do a Catalog Restore to a new Master Server.
    >The Master Server Name has changed. When I do a restore I get always the
    >following Message :
    >Recovering nbu1-xxxx:d:\Veritas\NetBackup\db
    >cannot execute /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar tar32 -x -v -Y -p -P -f on nbu1-xxxx
    >client/server handshaking failed
    >
    >The Catalog Backup is on Harddisk and the new Server is not nbu1-xxx his
    >name is nbutest.
    >
    >How can i tell the bprecover that the Hostname is not nbu1-xxxx and its now
    >nbutest.
    >
    >Thanks for your help
    >
    >Greetings Frank

+ Reply to Thread