Status code 219 for no real reason... - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Status code 219 for no real reason... - Veritas Net Backup ; We recently upgraded to 5.1 from 3.4 via 4.5, we now notice we get lots of status code 219 the required storage unit is unavailble messages at the start or right near the start of the backup window. This happens ...

  1. Status code 219 for no real reason...

    We recently upgraded to 5.1 from 3.4 via 4.5, we now notice we get lots of
    status code 219 the required storage unit is unavailble messages at the start
    or right near the start of the backup window.

    This happens on both sites effecting both NDMP & normal backups, we have
    2 sites with a robot & media server assigned per site.

    It looks like the backups kick off all around 8pm when there scheduled to
    then once all the drives are busy it carrys on trying to run more backups
    but the drives are in use so fails then reruns later within the backup window
    and is successful.

    I have checked the obvious stuff like "Maximum concurrent drives used for
    backup" matches the number of drives assigned, anything else?

  2. Re: Status code 219 for no real reason...

    Since you were running 3.4 you might have created this touch file:

    volmgr/DISABLE_RESOURCES_BUSY

    to get around status 134 errors when all the drives were busy. If you
    did, you should remove that touch file now as it could be causing the
    inadvertent 219's. However, technically if all the drives are busy,
    then the storage unit is unavailable for the backups that are being
    queued. You can read more about the disable_resources_busy touch file
    in this technote:

    Jeff

    On 25 May 2005 07:17:21 -0500, "Calz" wrote:

    >We recently upgraded to 5.1 from 3.4 via 4.5, we now notice we get lots of
    >status code 219 the required storage unit is unavailble messages at the start
    >or right near the start of the backup window.
    >
    >This happens on both sites effecting both NDMP & normal backups, we have
    >2 sites with a robot & media server assigned per site.
    >
    >It looks like the backups kick off all around 8pm when there scheduled to
    >then once all the drives are busy it carrys on trying to run more backups
    >but the drives are in use so fails then reruns later within the backup window
    >and is successful.
    >
    >I have checked the obvious stuff like "Maximum concurrent drives used for
    >backup" matches the number of drives assigned, anything else?

  3. Re: Status code 219 for no real reason...

    I am having the same problem.
    Any resolution for it?
    "Calz" wrote:

    >We recently upgraded to 5.1 from 3.4 via 4.5, we now notice we get lots

    of
    >status code 219 the required storage unit is unavailble messages at the

    start
    >or right near the start of the backup window.
    >
    >This happens on both sites effecting both NDMP & normal backups, we have
    >2 sites with a robot & media server assigned per site.
    >
    >It looks like the backups kick off all around 8pm when there scheduled to
    >then once all the drives are busy it carrys on trying to run more backups
    >but the drives are in use so fails then reruns later within the backup window
    >and is successful.
    >
    >I have checked the obvious stuff like "Maximum concurrent drives used for
    >backup" matches the number of drives assigned, anything else?

  4. Re: Status code 219 for no real reason...

    I just work now on a similar problem (Celerra).
    Did you guys check, if the DM did failover to its backup-DM. If so, you need
    to reconfigure it on the backup-DM and in NetBackup.

    Cheers
    Flave

    "mike" wrote:

    >I am having the same problem.
    >Any resolution for it?
    >"Calz" wrote:
    >>
    >>We recently upgraded to 5.1 from 3.4 via 4.5, we now notice we get lots

    >of
    >>status code 219 the required storage unit is unavailble messages at the

    >start
    >>or right near the start of the backup window.
    >>
    >>This happens on both sites effecting both NDMP & normal backups, we have
    >>2 sites with a robot & media server assigned per site.
    >>
    >>It looks like the backups kick off all around 8pm when there scheduled

    >>then once all the drives are busy it carrys on trying to run more backups
    >>but the drives are in use so fails then reruns later within the backup

    window
    >>and is successful.
    >>
    >>I have checked the obvious stuff like "Maximum concurrent drives used for
    >>backup" matches the number of drives assigned, anything else?

+ Reply to Thread