Vault. Copy image available in Backup Achive and Restore - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Vault. Copy image available in Backup Achive and Restore - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I was wondering if there was any way to make both the primary copy and the vaulted copy of the backup image available at the same time once the duplication is finished. For example, once the vault is complete, ...

  1. Vault. Copy image available in Backup Achive and Restore

    Hello,

    I was wondering if there was any way to make both the primary copy and the
    vaulted copy of the backup image available at the same time once the duplication
    is finished. For example, once the vault is complete, have the image available
    for restore instead of importing the image from the vaulted tape.

    We are currenly running TWO FULL backups of each system. our first set of
    backups go offsite and our second set stays in the library for quick recovery.

    I was wondering if there was anyway to keep the same stratagy while using
    Vault duplication function.

    We currently use Vault for Offsite tapes and would like to incorporate the
    duplication.

    Thanks,

    Dennis

  2. Re: Vault. Copy image available in Backup Achive and Restore

    You can't make them both available, but you can specify that the copy
    you are keeping onsite is the primary so you don't need to recall the
    offsite tapes for quick restores. This is done in the vault profile
    under the duplciation tab.

    Jeff

    On 23 May 2005 14:05:59 -0500, "Dennis"
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I was wondering if there was any way to make both the primary copy and the
    >vaulted copy of the backup image available at the same time once the duplication
    >is finished. For example, once the vault is complete, have the image available
    >for restore instead of importing the image from the vaulted tape.
    >
    >We are currenly running TWO FULL backups of each system. our first set of
    >backups go offsite and our second set stays in the library for quick recovery.
    >
    >I was wondering if there was anyway to keep the same stratagy while using
    >Vault duplication function.
    >
    >We currently use Vault for Offsite tapes and would like to incorporate the
    >duplication.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Dennis

+ Reply to Thread