Process bpbkar unkillable - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Process bpbkar unkillable - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I'm running netbackup on a hp-ux 11.11 server and i get lots of process kpbkar unkillable. Because of that i need to reboot the reser twice a week. Any clues on what i can do to kill those process?...

  1. Process bpbkar unkillable

    Hi,

    I'm running netbackup on a hp-ux 11.11 server and i get lots of process kpbkar
    unkillable. Because of that i need to reboot the reser twice a week. Any
    clues on what i can do to kill those process?

  2. Re: Process bpbkar unkillable

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 16:07:28 -0500, Pascal Rouchon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running netbackup on a hp-ux 11.11 server and i get lots of process kpbkar
    > unkillable. Because of that i need to reboot the reser twice a week. Any
    > clues on what i can do to kill those process?

    Have you tried kill -9 pid ? or kill -s KILL pid

    On most Unix systems that will kill the offending process.

  3. Re: Process bpbkar unkillable

    whts the patch level applied

    "Pascal Rouchon" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm running netbackup on a hp-ux 11.11 server and i get lots of process

    kpbkar
    >unkillable. Because of that i need to reboot the reser twice a week. Any
    >clues on what i can do to kill those process?

+ Reply to Thread