What are DSSU Best Practices 5.1 MP1 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on What are DSSU Best Practices 5.1 MP1 - Veritas Net Backup ; I am currently looking at doing disk staging for our incremental backups. We have 10 drives @ 142 GB apiece...was wondering what might be the best way to break that up, if to break it up at all. Also, we ...

  1. What are DSSU Best Practices 5.1 MP1

    I am currently looking at doing disk staging for our incremental backups.
    We have 10 drives @ 142 GB apiece...was wondering what might be the best
    way to break that up, if to break it up at all. Also, we tried this in the
    past, but had a lot of problems because when the files were staged, they
    often times didn't delete...then the hard drive would fill up and backups
    would not work.

    Would like some best practices and advice on this.
    Thanks
    Mike

  2. Re: What are DSSU Best Practices 5.1 MP1

    Patch the master and media servers. There are "issues" with DSSU's that patching
    will address. Look at the patch readme for confirmation. The volumes for
    a DSSU need to be dedicated just for that function only.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >I am currently looking at doing disk staging for our incremental backups.
    > We have 10 drives @ 142 GB apiece...was wondering what might be the best
    >way to break that up, if to break it up at all. Also, we tried this in

    the
    >past, but had a lot of problems because when the files were staged, they
    >often times didn't delete...then the hard drive would fill up and backups
    >would not work.
    >
    >Would like some best practices and advice on this.
    >Thanks
    >Mike

+ Reply to Thread