Disable VSP from Windows Client Backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Disable VSP from Windows Client Backups - Veritas Net Backup ; How do I disable VSP for a windows client? We are running Netbackup Enterprise Server5.0 MP3 on Solaris? I've looked under the Host properties, and there isn't a checkbox to disable this feature. Just an exclude list that can be ...

  1. Disable VSP from Windows Client Backups

    How do I disable VSP for a windows client? We are running Netbackup Enterprise
    Server5.0 MP3 on Solaris?

    I've looked under the Host properties, and there isn't a checkbox to disable
    this feature. Just an exclude list that can be over ridden easily.

    Help!

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Disable VSP from Windows Client Backups

    on the admin GUI go to
    NetBackup Management ->
    Host Properties ->
    Master Server
    Bring up the master server properties GUI
    Client Attributes ->
    click on add to add the client
    Select a client and then
    Click on the Windows Open File Management tab

    "Steve" wrote:

    >How do I disable VSP for a windows client? We are running Netbackup Enterprise
    >Server5.0 MP3 on Solaris?
    >
    >I've looked under the Host properties, and there isn't a checkbox to disable
    >this feature. Just an exclude list that can be over ridden easily.
    >
    >Help!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Steve

  3. Re: Disable VSP from Windows Client Backups

    Steve, I came across this situation also, basically in v5.0 the ability to
    change VSP or previously known as OTM, settings is done from within the master
    server host properties dialog box.

    The settings are no longer held in the registry on the local machine but
    on the master server in a config file for each node.
    See: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266511.htm

    So in the dialog, select the Client Attributes Property. Then add your Windows
    clients to the list and control the settings from there.

    I will also point you in the direction of another technote that I came to
    use in relation to VSP and deleting the cache files. A worthy application
    is that Process Explorer! Got me round the need for a reboot.

    Regards

    "Steve" wrote:

    >How do I disable VSP for a windows client? We are running Netbackup Enterprise
    >Server5.0 MP3 on Solaris?
    >
    >I've looked under the Host properties, and there isn't a checkbox to disable
    >this feature. Just an exclude list that can be over ridden easily.
    >
    >Help!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Steve

+ Reply to Thread