Phantom files restored - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Phantom files restored - Veritas Net Backup ; I have two separate instances where a restore either successfully completes, or fails with a 5 error, but there are no files in the location of the restoration. The successful restore is really confusing. Veritas shows over 2GB of data ...

  1. Phantom files restored

    I have two separate instances where a restore either successfully completes,
    or fails with a 5 error, but there are no files in the location of the restoration.
    The successful restore is really confusing. Veritas shows over 2GB of data
    restored successfully, but there is nothing in the directory - and I have
    verified the location is correct. Any help someone could give me on this?

  2. Re: Phantom files restored

    Where does it say in the log files that it restored the data to? Is
    this an alternate client restore or a restore to an alternate
    directory on the same client?

    Jeff

    On 5 May 2005 19:12:21 -0500, "John"
    wrote:

    >I have two separate instances where a restore either successfully completes,
    >or fails with a 5 error, but there are no files in the location of the restoration.
    > The successful restore is really confusing. Veritas shows over 2GB of data
    >restored successfully, but there is nothing in the directory - and I have
    >verified the location is correct. Any help someone could give me on this?

+ Reply to Thread