encrypt data - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on encrypt data - Veritas Net Backup ; Does Netbackup have the ability to encrypt the data on backup tapes? What impact on backup/resore perfromance is there? Is this done per policy or client? Thanks Tim...

  1. encrypt data

    Does Netbackup have the ability to encrypt the data on backup tapes? What
    impact on backup/resore perfromance is there? Is this done per policy or
    client?

    Thanks

    Tim

  2. Re: encrypt data

    It is possible to encypt backups with NetBackup. It is set up per
    policy. I have never used so cannot address performance issues. I
    believe it also requires a seperate license but I am not sure.

    Jeff

    On 3 May 2005 19:14:14 -0500, "timmy" wrote:

    >Does Netbackup have the ability to encrypt the data on backup tapes? What
    >impact on backup/resore perfromance is there? Is this done per policy or
    >client?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Tim

  3. Re: encrypt data

    Tim,

    Netbackup does have the ability to encrypt data, but it is add-on software.
    It can be configured per policy or per client. I am currently testing it
    to determine any performance issues.

    Steve

    "timmy" wrote:

    >Does Netbackup have the ability to encrypt the data on backup tapes? What
    >impact on backup/resore perfromance is there? Is this done per policy or
    >client?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Tim

  4. Re: encrypt data

    Document from Veritas SE.

    "timmy" wrote in message news:427813d6@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Does Netbackup have the ability to encrypt the data on backup tapes? What
    > impact on backup/resore perfromance is there? Is this done per policy or
    > client?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tim

+ Reply to Thread