Error Code 26 on client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error Code 26 on client - Veritas Net Backup ; I am running NB 5.1 MP2 and on only 2 clients (both Windows 2000) I get an error code 26 when trying to back them up. My master and media servers are Solaris 9 I see the message log saying ...

  1. Error Code 26 on client

    I am running NB 5.1 MP2 and on only 2 clients (both Windows 2000) I get an
    error code 26 when trying to back them up. My master and media servers are
    Solaris 9

    I see the message log saying "cannot execute a command on the client". I
    thought this might be a permission but it does not appear to be.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Error Code 26 on client

    Are you running pre or post commands using the notify scripts? That
    could be the issue.

    Jeff

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 14:52:46 -0400, ed gurski wrote:

    >I am running NB 5.1 MP2 and on only 2 clients (both Windows 2000) I get an
    >error code 26 when trying to back them up. My master and media servers are
    >Solaris 9
    >
    >I see the message log saying "cannot execute a command on the client". I
    >thought this might be a permission but it does not appear to be.
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Error Code 26 on client

    I am not using any pre or post notify scripts per se. I ma running
    backup_exit_notify_script only...

    Thanks

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:12:05 -0500, Jeff Redington wrote:

    > Are you running pre or post commands using the notify scripts? That
    > could be the issue.
    >
    > Jeff
    >
    > On Tue, 03 May 2005 14:52:46 -0400, ed gurski wrote:
    >
    >>I am running NB 5.1 MP2 and on only 2 clients (both Windows 2000) I get an
    >>error code 26 when trying to back them up. My master and media servers are
    >>Solaris 9
    >>
    >>I see the message log saying "cannot execute a command on the client". I
    >>thought this might be a permission but it does not appear to be.
    >>
    >>Thanks

  4. Re: Error Code 26 on client

    Are the clients also at 5.1? Are they running NetBackup agents like
    sql or lotus notes? If so, are they at the same maintenance pack as
    the master or media server.

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:30:37 -0400, ed gurski wrote:

    >I am not using any pre or post notify scripts per se. I ma running
    >backup_exit_notify_script only...
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:12:05 -0500, Jeff Redington wrote:
    >
    >> Are you running pre or post commands using the notify scripts? That
    >> could be the issue.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>
    >> On Tue, 03 May 2005 14:52:46 -0400, ed gurski wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am running NB 5.1 MP2 and on only 2 clients (both Windows 2000) I get an
    >>>error code 26 when trying to back them up. My master and media servers are
    >>>Solaris 9
    >>>
    >>>I see the message log saying "cannot execute a command on the client". I
    >>>thought this might be a permission but it does not appear to be.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

  5. Re: Error Code 26 on client

    Sorry for the delay but we had some major moves going on and problesm with
    our library.

    The clients are running NBU 4.5MP6. The majority clients are running
    either 4.5GA, 4.5FP3 or 4.5MP6. This is the only client that is getting
    that error.

    Thanks..

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 09:04:04 -0500, Jeff Redington wrote:

    > Are the clients also at 5.1? Are they running NetBackup agents like
    > sql or lotus notes? If so, are they at the same maintenance pack as
    > the master or media server.
    >
    > On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:30:37 -0400, ed gurski wrote:
    >
    >>I am not using any pre or post notify scripts per se. I ma running
    >>backup_exit_notify_script only...
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:12:05 -0500, Jeff Redington wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are you running pre or post commands using the notify scripts? That
    >>> could be the issue.
    >>>
    >>> Jeff

  6. Re: Error Code 26 on client

    Ok, issue is resolved and it was what I thought the problem to be.

    The problem: entries in the local hosts file.

    We changed the IP address of our master and media servers and thought we
    had found all the clients with hosts entries. This particular client
    assured me that they had checked everything.

    Well I had a chance to logon as a Domain Admin (my other duties besides
    backup) and sure enough nslookup and ping gave me different results. So I
    edited the hosts file and deleted the offending entries and everything
    worked.

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 16:40:19 -0400, Ed Gurski wrote:

    > Sorry for the delay but we had some major moves going on and problesm with
    > our library.
    >
    > The clients are running NBU 4.5MP6. The majority clients are running
    > either 4.5GA, 4.5FP3 or 4.5MP6. This is the only client that is getting
    > that error.
    >
    > Thanks..
    >
    > On Thu, 05 May 2005 09:04:04 -0500, Jeff Redington wrote:
    >
    >> Are the clients also at 5.1? Are they running NetBackup agents like
    >> sql or lotus notes? If so, are they at the same maintenance pack as
    >> the master or media server.
    >>
    >> On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:30:37 -0400, ed gurski wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am not using any pre or post notify scripts per se. I ma running
    >>>backup_exit_notify_script only...
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

+ Reply to Thread