multiple schedules per 24 hour period - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on multiple schedules per 24 hour period - Veritas Net Backup ; How will Netbackup (5.1) handle multiple schedules for a policy in a single day? I have daily backups scheduled with a window of 23:00 - 06:00 every day but Saturday into Sunday. I then have weekly backups scheduled with a ...

  1. multiple schedules per 24 hour period

    How will Netbackup (5.1) handle multiple schedules for a policy in a single
    day?

    I have daily backups scheduled with a window of 23:00 - 06:00 every day but
    Saturday into Sunday. I then have weekly backups scheduled with a 17:00
    - midnight window. This past Sunday no backups ran (either daily or weekly)
    and I am wondering why they did not run.

  2. Re: multiple schedules per 24 hour period

    NetBackup will run the schedule that has not run most recently. So if
    you have a daily and a weekly schedule on the same day it should run
    the weekly schedule. Check bpsched to determine why neither of the
    policies ran.

    Jeff

    On 2 May 2005 14:23:41 -0500, "Keith Wolters"
    wrote:

    >How will Netbackup (5.1) handle multiple schedules for a policy in a single
    >day?
    >
    >I have daily backups scheduled with a window of 23:00 - 06:00 every day but
    >Saturday into Sunday. I then have weekly backups scheduled with a 17:00
    >- midnight window. This past Sunday no backups ran (either daily or weekly)
    >and I am wondering why they did not run.

+ Reply to Thread