NBU 5.1 MP1 - Status Codes (54) and (25) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on NBU 5.1 MP1 - Status Codes (54) and (25) - Veritas Net Backup ; We are running NBU 5.1 MP1 on a Windows 2003 Master Server and a Windows 2003 Media Server. When performing SQL backups we regularly get the status codes 25 & 54. The weird thing is that there isn't any consistency ...

  1. NBU 5.1 MP1 - Status Codes (54) and (25)

    We are running NBU 5.1 MP1 on a Windows 2003 Master Server and a Windows 2003
    Media Server. When performing SQL backups we regularly get the status codes
    25 & 54. The weird thing is that there isn't any consistency in the clients
    that get the errors or time when they occur. It also seems that just after
    we reboot the Windows 2003 Master and Media servers, the errors don't occur
    as often, but soon build back up in number of occurrences as a few weeks
    go by.

    timed out connecting to client(54)
    cannot connect on socket(25)

  2. Re: NBU 5.1 MP1 - Status Codes (54) and (25)

    "Sammy" wrote:

    >We are running NBU 5.1 MP1 on a Windows 2003 Master Server and a Windows

    2003
    >Media Server. When performing SQL backups we regularly get the status codes
    >25 & 54. The weird thing is that there isn't any consistency in the clients
    >that get the errors or time when they occur. It also seems that just after
    >we reboot the Windows 2003 Master and Media servers, the errors don't occur
    >as often, but soon build back up in number of occurrences as a few weeks
    >go by.
    >
    >timed out connecting to client(54)
    >cannot connect on socket(25)

    Found the fix. (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274335.htm)