network connection time out when backuping exchange. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on network connection time out when backuping exchange. - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, I recently got a new error when backing up exchange. I get network connection time outs when backing up mailboxes. When i backup the filesystem on that server everything goes allright. I think this has to do something with ...

  1. network connection time out when backuping exchange.

    Hi,

    I recently got a new error when backing up exchange. I get network connection
    time outs when backing up mailboxes. When i backup the filesystem on that
    server everything goes allright.

    I think this has to do something with exchange. Maybe someone can help me.

    Kind regards,
    D. Olierook

  2. Re: network connection time out when backuping exchange.

    Hi There,

    You might want to change the Client Read Timeout of the media server that
    backs up the Exchange box (see technote http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262898.htm).

    You might also want to check your configuration against the configuration
    instructions laid out in the following technote: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234817.htm

    Additionally, be sure that the NetBackup Client service is set to log on
    as an administrative account in the domain (Preferably the same as a the
    Exchange Services account). Also ensure that this account has a valid mailbox
    on the Exchange server.

    I hope this helps

    S.T.

    "Djoffrey" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I recently got a new error when backing up exchange. I get network connection
    >time outs when backing up mailboxes. When i backup the filesystem on that
    >server everything goes allright.
    >
    >I think this has to do something with exchange. Maybe someone can help me.
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >D. Olierook

+ Reply to Thread