How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello list, On a NB UNIX client I can set the ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS in the client's bp.conf . Is there an equivalent setting on a W2K client? Where is it and how do I set it? (I just can't find it...) ...

  1. How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client

    Hello list,

    On a NB UNIX client I can set the
    ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
    in the client's bp.conf .

    Is there an equivalent setting on a W2K client?
    Where is it and how do I set it?
    (I just can't find it...)

    Thanks in advance

    Loris

    mailto:loris.serena@esat.com

  2. Re: How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client

    Hi Loris,

    The easiest way to do it is to load the NetBackup administrative console
    -> Host Properties -> Clients. Select your client, right-click into Properties.
    In the Client Properties, go to Universal Settings. There you may select
    the option "Accept connections on non-reserved ports"

    I hope this helps

    S.T.

    "Loris Serena" wrote:

    >Hello list,
    >
    >On a NB UNIX client I can set the
    >ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
    >in the client's bp.conf .
    >
    >Is there an equivalent setting on a W2K client?
    >Where is it and how do I set it?
    >(I just can't find it...)
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Loris
    >
    >mailto:loris.serena@esat.com

  3. Re: How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client

    Loris Serena wrote, in part, on 12/21/2004 10:39 AM:
    > On a NB UNIX client I can set the
    > ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
    > in the client's bp.conf .
    >
    > Is there an equivalent setting on a W2K client?
    > Where is it and how do I set it?
    > (I just can't find it...)

    afaik, all of the nonreserved port specifications are specified and
    stored only on the NetBackup server (port range, allow it for server,
    and allow it for some client).

    So if some client needs it, you store it as a "Client Attributes" entry
    under server host properties.

    So my answer is that you can't find it because it's not there and you
    can put it in a Unix bp.conf, but it's only going to have meaning for a
    server.

    Hopefully someone will tell us the real story, if I'm wrong ;-)

    Holiday cheers, wayne

  4. Re: How to set up "Allow non reserved ports" on W2K NetBackup client

    Hi Sad Techie,

    I could only do that if I could access the client from the server, but this
    is not the case.
    I have a mix of Solaris and W2K clients behind a firewall.
    For the Solaris clients, I got it working by adding ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
    to the client's bp.conf (and AFTER THIS I can see them as connected from
    Host Properties -> Clients ->