Netbackup User Authentication for the client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup User Authentication for the client - Veritas Net Backup ; We have Netbackup 5.1 and installed VSS for Access management. We used the default NBU groups available and added users from the Domain to them. When we added O.S Groups instead of users; their permissions were not working. When we ...

  1. Netbackup User Authentication for the client

    We have Netbackup 5.1 and installed VSS for Access management. We used the
    default NBU groups available and added users from the Domain to them.

    When we added O.S Groups instead of users; their permissions were not working.
    When we add the user itself the permissions are working.
    Can anyone help in this

    Thanks

  2. Re: Netbackup User Authentication for the client

    Hi Dalia

    Make sure you are using Domain Global groups. VSS does not work with local
    groups.

    S.T.

    "Dalia" wrote:

    >We have Netbackup 5.1 and installed VSS for Access management. We used the
    >default NBU groups available and added users from the Domain to them.
    >
    >When we added O.S Groups instead of users; their permissions were not working.
    >When we add the user itself the permissions are working.
    >Can anyone help in this
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread