Expire NBU images - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Expire NBU images - Veritas Net Backup ; I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog images found on the media. How can I ...

  1. Expire NBU images

    I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch
    but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog
    images found on the media. How can I delete these images so that I can use
    the media?

  2. Re: Expire NBU images

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/237779

    HTH,
    Mike

    "Jamie Adiutori" wrote in message
    > I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch
    > but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog
    > images found on the media. How can I delete these images so that I can use
    > the media?

  3. Re: Expire NBU images

    "Jamie Adiutori" wrote:
    >I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch

    >but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog

    >images found on the media. How can I delete these images so that I can use

    >the media?

    bpexpdate -m MEDIA_ID -d 0

  4. Re: Expire NBU images

    If they have catalog images on the tapes this command won't help, they'll
    just get frozen again next time they are mounted.

    You need to use bplabel to write a new label over the header of the tapes so
    they can be used for "normal" backups as opposed to catalog backups. The
    command is well documented in the Command Line Reference guide

    "Derf" wrote in message news:433c5168@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > "Jamie Adiutori" wrote:
    >>I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch

    >>but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog

    >>images found on the media. How can I delete these images so that I can use

    >>the media?
    >>

    > bpexpdate -m MEDIA_ID -d 0

  5. Re: Expire NBU images

    To totally wipe out images and reuse tape, do the following:

    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -ev -d 0
    this makes sure there are still no images for this tape in the images database
    and if there are it will remove them so only run this command if you are
    positive that you want to do away with those images permanetly.

    then do

    /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -m
    run this command as you will need it for info for the following command

    /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -deassignbyid code usually 0>

    This will free up the tape for you to use again, you will then need to re-label
    the tapes (internally).

    Good Luck!!

    "Souljacker" <.@.> wrote:
    >If they have catalog images on the tapes this command won't help, they'll

    >just get frozen again next time they are mounted.
    >
    >You need to use bplabel to write a new label over the header of the tapes

    so
    >they can be used for "normal" backups as opposed to catalog backups. The

    >command is well documented in the Command Line Reference guide
    >

    >"Derf" wrote in message news:433c5168@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> "Jamie Adiutori" wrote:
    >>>I have media that is being frozen by NBU. I can move the media to scratch

    >>>but when the media is used it goes to a frozen state due to NBU catalog

    >>>images found on the media. How can I delete these images so that I can

    use

    >>>the media?
    >>>

    >> bpexpdate -m MEDIA_ID -d 0

+ Reply to Thread