cannot connect on socket(25) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on cannot connect on socket(25) - Veritas Net Backup ; I'am trying to restore a database in machine cluster sql but I'have this error 'cannot connect on socket(25)' and restore failed. I'have netbackup 5.0 MP2. Which is the problem? thanks Andrew...

  1. cannot connect on socket(25)

    I'am trying to restore a database in machine cluster sql but I'have this error
    'cannot connect on socket(25)' and restore failed.
    I'have netbackup 5.0 MP2.
    Which is the problem?

    thanks
    Andrew

  2. Re: cannot connect on socket(25)

    "andrew" wrote:

    >I'am trying to restore a database in machine cluster sql but I'have this

    error
    >'cannot connect on socket(25)' and restore failed.
    >I'have netbackup 5.0 MP2.
    >Which is the problem?
    >
    >thanks
    >Andrew

    That's odd, I'm getting this now too.

  3. Re: cannot connect on socket(25)

    Hi Andrew, I get the same message by restoring SQL. Do you know a reason
    for this?

    Thanks in advance
    Alex

    "andrew" wrote:

    >I'am trying to restore a database in machine cluster sql but I'have this

    error
    >'cannot connect on socket(25)' and restore failed.
    >I'have netbackup 5.0 MP2.
    >Which is the problem?
    >
    >thanks
    >Andrew