Status 41 (Network connection timeout) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Status 41 (Network connection timeout) - Veritas Net Backup ; I am getting status 41 when doing Exchange 2000 backup. Our backup is Netbackup 5.1 Enterprise Server. Master/Media server is a IBM AIX server....

  1. Status 41 (Network connection timeout)

    I am getting status 41 when doing Exchange 2000 backup. Our backup is Netbackup
    5.1 Enterprise Server. Master/Media server is a IBM AIX server.

  2. Re: Status 41 (Network connection timeout)

    Try "http://support.veritas.com/docs/277695"

    "Khurram Kamal" wrote:

    >I am getting status 41 when doing Exchange 2000 backup. Our backup is Netbackup
    >5.1 Enterprise Server. Master/Media server is a IBM AIX server.

  3. Re: Status 41 (Network connection timeout)

    "Brice Avila" wrote:

    >Try "http://support.veritas.com/docs/277695"
    >
    >"Khurram Kamal" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am getting status 41 when doing Exchange 2000 backup. Our backup is Netbackup
    >>5.1 Enterprise Server. Master/Media server is a IBM AIX server.

    Hi,

    please check the following commands from Netbackup Master and Mediaserver
    and Client:

    Master and Mediaserver:
    nslookup clientname
    ping clientname

    Client:
    ping Masterservername
    ping Mediaservername
    nslookup Masterservername
    nslookup Mediaservername

    Please check the dns entry of dc, and the network properties of the client.

    Is the dns and wins and domain suffix correct?

    My english is not good - i am from germany.

    Regards Rico

+ Reply to Thread