Unable to connect to host properties on unix client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to host properties on unix client - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello all. I have an HP-UX system that I've installed the client on (v5.0), I can kick off a backup OK, but when I try to look at the host properties for that box I always get an "invalid number ...

  1. Unable to connect to host properties on unix client

    Hello all.

    I have an HP-UX system that I've installed the client on (v5.0), I can kick
    off a backup OK, but when I try to look at the host properties for that box
    I always get an "invalid number error", any ideas? My master and media
    server are running Windows server 2003 and are on the same box.

    Thanks,
    Mike F

  2. Re: Unable to connect to host properties on unix client

    I have had the same problem, I receive that error when I restart the client
    service. I reboot the client server and the problem is resolved. Does anyone
    know why this happens, and if there is another solution besides rebooting
    the client server?

    "MF" wrote:
    >Hello all.
    >
    >I have an HP-UX system that I've installed the client on (v5.0), I can kick
    >off a backup OK, but when I try to look at the host properties for that

    box
    >I always get an "invalid number error", any ideas? My master and media
    >server are running Windows server 2003 and are on the same box.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Mike F

  3. Re: Unable to connect to host properties on unix client

    Jen wrote, in part, on 11/14/2005 5:14 PM:
    > I have had the same problem, I receive that error when I restart the client
    > service. I reboot the client server and the problem is resolved.

    Did you stop the NetBackup Client Service *before* updating? If not,
    that's the problem.

    If you leave the client service running, changed files are scheduled to
    be replaced at the next reboot, not at next restart of the client service.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread