5.0 on Linux 2.4 backup hangs, but bpbkar is still eating cpu - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on 5.0 on Linux 2.4 backup hangs, but bpbkar is still eating cpu - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi, i just installed on Linux 2.4 Enterprise 5.0 today. When i try to backup the server itself, the job caught 41 but the process is still active. On each try i get the 41 and the process is still ...

  1. 5.0 on Linux 2.4 backup hangs, but bpbkar is still eating cpu

    Hi,

    i just installed on Linux 2.4 Enterprise 5.0 today. When i try to backup
    the server itself, the job caught 41 but the process is still active. On
    each try i get the 41 and the process is still active. I have 10 bpbkars
    now ?!

    Do we have a new bug here ??? I only get an error in bpbkar.log if i kill
    the processes ....

    Denis

  2. Re: 5.0 on Linux 2.4 backup hangs, but bpbkar is still eating cpu

    41 is a communication probelm. have you looked in to that?

    "Denis" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >i just installed on Linux 2.4 Enterprise 5.0 today. When i try to backup
    >the server itself, the job caught 41 but the process is still active. On
    >each try i get the 41 and the process is still active. I have 10 bpbkars
    >now ?!
    >
    >Do we have a new bug here ??? I only get an error in bpbkar.log if i kill
    >the processes ....
    >
    >Denis

  3. Re: 5.0 on Linux 2.4 backup hangs, but bpbkar is still eating cpu

    "Denis" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >i just installed on Linux 2.4 Enterprise 5.0 today. When i try to backup
    >the server itself, the job caught 41 but the process is still active. On
    >each try i get the 41 and the process is still active. I have 10 bpbkars
    >now ?!
    >
    >Do we have a new bug here ??? I only get an error in bpbkar.log if i kill
    >the processes ....
    >
    >Denis

    41 is "Network Connection timed out." We're seeing a very similiar problem
    on the Wintel side, and I have noticed that during the backup, bpbkar32.exe
    (the backup process itself) pegs CPUs. This is happening on 5.0, and 5.1
    with vairious MPs installed. I have opened a case w/ Support, but was wondering
    has anyone else seen this problem?

+ Reply to Thread