Netbackup service window time ? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup service window time ? - Veritas Net Backup ; We have a small problem with netbackup, we want the running jobs that aren't finished at a sertain time to stop because otherwise we have problemens with hour customers ( due servicewindow ) Is it possible to enter a time ...

  1. Netbackup service window time ?

    We have a small problem with netbackup, we want the running jobs that aren't
    finished at a sertain time to stop because otherwise we have problemens with
    hour customers ( due servicewindow )

    Is it possible to enter a time within netbackup so all running jobs will
    be canceled, or do i have to stop the services on the master ?

    CHeers

    Ray

  2. Re: Netbackup service window time ?

    Raymond Koorman wrote, in part, on 2007-06-29 5:23 AM:
    > We have a small problem with netbackup, we want the running jobs that aren't
    > finished at a sertain time to stop because otherwise we have problemens with
    > hour customers ( due servicewindow )
    >
    > Is it possible to enter a time within netbackup so all running jobs will
    > be canceled, or do i have to stop the services on the master ?

    No.

    It is a common problem, but NetBackup provides no solution.

    One could write a script that understood your backup windows, scraped
    data from NetBackup command outputs and issued NetBackup commands to
    cancel the backup jobs about to go outside their "servicewindow".

    On the other hand, that sounds like a big, fragile solution to a "small
    problem" ... certainly one I'd try to avoid.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread