Netbackup error code - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup error code - Veritas Net Backup ; I've been seeing the '96' status codes and the backup jobs don't complete. Would anyone be able to share some thoughts on this please. TIA, Sumanth...

  1. Netbackup error code

    I've been seeing the '96' status codes and the backup jobs don't complete.
    Would anyone be able to share some thoughts on this please.

    TIA,
    Sumanth

  2. Re: Netbackup error code

    "Sumanth" wrote:

    >I've been seeing the '96' status codes and the backup jobs don't complete.
    >Would anyone be able to share some thoughts on this please.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Sumanth

    Sumanth,

    The NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide has all the codes in it and some steps
    to handle the error. Hope this helps.

    Joe

  3. Re: Netbackup error code

    on master server run
    /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -jobid 96 -r

    It will show what it means and also show you some suggestions

    "Sumanth" wrote:

    >I've been seeing the '96' status codes and the backup jobs don't complete.
    >Would anyone be able to share some thoughts on this please.
    >
    >TIA,
    >Sumanth

  4. Re: Netbackup error code

    The storage unit you are using has run out of sufficient space, most commonly
    this means you have run out of scratch tapes. Add more tapes to the volume
    pool, or scratch pool and rerun

    "beboo" wrote:

    >on master server run
    >/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -jobid 96 -r
    >

    >It will show what it means and also show you some suggestions
    >
    >"Sumanth" wrote:
    >>
    >>I've been seeing the '96' status codes and the backup jobs don't complete.
    >>Would anyone be able to share some thoughts on this please.
    >>
    >>TIA,
    >>Sumanth

+ Reply to Thread