Not able to view archive backup image, thus not able to restore.. - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Not able to view archive backup image, thus not able to restore.. - Veritas Net Backup ; I have created a few archive policies, kicked off the archive job and it completed with verification successful. By the time I get into "Backup, Archive & Restore" GUI, choosing the correct Netbackup machines, sources and destinations and select "Restore ...

  1. Not able to view archive backup image, thus not able to restore..

    I have created a few archive policies, kicked off the archive job and it completed
    with verification successful. By the time I get into "Backup, Archive & Restore"
    GUI, choosing the correct Netbackup machines, sources and destinations and
    select "Restore from Archive..", an error pops out saying "Server (xxx) does
    not contain any backups for client (yyy) using the specified policy type.."

    I have no idea where the problem is, because I can find the physical image
    file in the \NetBackup\db\images\yyy\.

    Any clue?

  2. Re: Not able to view archive backup image, thus not able to restore..

    Hi Keng,
    Did you specify the same policy type in "nbwin" (i.e. the restore GUI)?
    Are you running "nbwin" from a remote admin, or on a master or media server?
    Also, it's generally useful to specify O/S and version and patch, and NBU,
    type, version and patch level.
    Regards,
    Dave.

+ Reply to Thread