Netbackup datacentre 4.5 server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup datacentre 4.5 server - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi All, Hope you are doing well, I have installed Netbackup Cleint on AIX operating system. I have configured the Policy on the server. Whenever i triggered the backup it is giving the error 54. "Timed out connecting to client ...

  1. Netbackup datacentre 4.5 server

    Hi All,

    Hope you are doing well,

    I have installed Netbackup Cleint on AIX operating system.
    I have configured the Policy on the server.
    Whenever i triggered the backup it is giving the error 54.
    "Timed out connecting to client
    The server could not complete the connection to the client. The accept system
    call timed out after 60 seconds"

    I suspect that i need to restart the Netbackup client. But i don't know how
    ????????????

    Help is appritiated...........

    Thanks
    Nitin Dalsania

  2. Re: Netbackup datacentre 4.5 server

    Nitin Dalsania wrote, in part, on 11/15/2005 7:25 AM:
    > I have installed Netbackup Cleint on AIX operating system.
    > Whenever i triggered the backup it is giving the error 54.
    > "Timed out connecting to client
    > The server could not complete the connection to the client. The accept system
    > call timed out after 60 seconds"

    I'd guess that either your AIX NetBackup is not "listening" (review what
    you did and the installation guide) or a firewall is getting in the way.

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread