Backups Fail - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Backups Fail - Veritas Net Backup ; I've just installed Netbackup 6.0 on Solaris The Robot and 2 AIT-3 tape drives are all installed. I can inventory the robot, UP, DOWN and RESET the two tape drives All backups fail. I get the following error: Error bptm ...

  1. Backups Fail

    I've just installed Netbackup 6.0 on Solaris

    The Robot and 2 AIT-3 tape drives are all installed. I can inventory the
    robot, UP, DOWN and RESET the two tape drives

    All backups fail. I get the following error:

    Error bptm (pid=4471) FREEZING media id 301164, too many data blocks
    written, check tape/driver block size configuration.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Kirk

  2. Re: Backups Fail

    Kirk Batzer wrote, in part, on 10/28/2005 4:20 PM:
    > I've just installed Netbackup 6.0 on Solaris
    >
    > The Robot and 2 AIT-3 tape drives are all installed. I can inventory the
    > robot, UP, DOWN and RESET the two tape drives
    >

    > All backups fail. I get the following error:
    >
    > Error bptm (pid=4471) FREEZING media id 301164, too many data blocks
    > written, check tape/driver block size configuration.

    It sounds like the tapes are not totally setup for NetBackup. I've
    heard the media manager is different for v6.0, so not sure what to say,
    but follow all the doc and do all the install/config steps, including
    the "MAPPINGS" file. Also, have you set "SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS"? If not,
    you should (to whatever is appropriate for your drives and i/o gear). My
    (LTO-1, 5.1MP3, Sol 9) site has this set to 131072. Other such
    parameters can probably wait for tuning.

    There are others much more familiar with Solaris and drives and robots
    that should be able to help.

    Also, note that you have posted to the
    "veritas.netbackup.datacenter.windows.english" newsgroup. Since you
    aren't running windows nor NetBackup DataCenter (that was a version 4.5
    product), you might want to try a different newsgroup, or the excellent
    mailing list. For more information, see

    http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailma...nfo/veritas-bu

    P.S. Rutgers needs an ice hockey team! Well, 2 ... men's & women's. ;-)

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread