Reporting - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Reporting - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi There, Can someone help: I have been tasked with reviewing our backup policy but have never used this product before. What I need, is to run a report which will tell me which policy is backing up which server ...

  1. Reporting

    Hi There,

    Can someone help: I have been tasked with reviewing our backup policy but
    have never used this product before. What I need, is to run a report which
    will tell me which policy is backing up which server and which type of back
    up it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the answer in HELP
    or Online. Any help gratefully received

    Regards

  2. Re: Reporting

    Chis,

    First thing I'd recommend is getting a manual since you've never used the
    software, this will help out ALOT. But to get you started here is how you
    run reports.

    If you look at the left hand side, you should have a menu and a "reports"
    option, in here you can run all kinds of reports, if you just click on that
    you'll see, "status of backups", "client backups", "problems". etc. Over
    on the right side then you'll have an option to select a time frame for your
    reports. in the "client" option on the right hand side i'd select all clients.

    Hope this helps.

    "Chris" wrote:

    >Hi There,
    >
    >Can someone help: I have been tasked with reviewing our backup policy but
    >have never used this product before. What I need, is to run a report which
    >will tell me which policy is backing up which server and which type of back
    >up it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the answer in HELP
    >or Online. Any help gratefully received
    >
    >Regards

  3. Re: Reporting

    Cheers but I should have been clearer. I have the manual but cannot see a
    way to get the report I want. Im finding out the info manually by checking
    each policy. Slow, but accurate. Cheers anyway

    "Mauro" wrote:

    >Chis,
    >
    >First thing I'd recommend is getting a manual since you've never used the
    >software, this will help out ALOT. But to get you started here is how you
    >run reports.
    >
    >If you look at the left hand side, you should have a menu and a "reports"
    >option, in here you can run all kinds of reports, if you just click on that
    >you'll see, "status of backups", "client backups", "problems". etc. Over
    >on the right side then you'll have an option to select a time frame for

    your
    >reports. in the "client" option on the right hand side i'd select all clients.
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >

    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi There,
    >>
    >>Can someone help: I have been tasked with reviewing our backup policy but
    >>have never used this product before. What I need, is to run a report which
    >>will tell me which policy is backing up which server and which type of

    back
    >>up it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the answer in HELP
    >>or Online. Any help gratefully received
    >>
    >>Regards

  4. Re: Reporting

    The Admin Console (administrative GUI) has a "policies" selection under
    NetBackup Management. Click it. Now click the handle just left of
    "Summary of all policies" in the center column. Now click "Clients".

    Now you have the association between client and policy (Click on column
    headings to sort).

    Unfortunately, this doesn't give you schedules ... the part of policies
    that loosely defines what kind of backup will be attempted when.

    Maybe "bpplsched" could be useful? It sounds like this might be a
    custom report, depending on what you're looking for.

    cheers, wayne

    Chris wrote, in part, on 10/19/2005 11:31 AM:
    > Cheers but I should have been clearer. I have the manual but cannot see a
    > way to get the report I want. Im finding out the info manually by checking
    > each policy. Slow, but accurate. Cheers anyway
    >

    > "Mauro" wrote:
    >> Chis,
    >>
    >> First thing I'd recommend is getting a manual since you've never used the
    >> software, this will help out ALOT. But to get you started here is how you
    >> run reports.
    >>
    >> If you look at the left hand side, you should have a menu and a "reports"
    >> option, in here you can run all kinds of reports, if you just click on that
    >> you'll see, "status of backups", "client backups", "problems". etc. Over
    >> on the right side then you'll have an option to select a time frame for

    > your
    >> reports. in the "client" option on the right hand side i'd select all clients.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps.
    >>

    >> "Chris" wrote:
    >>> Hi There,
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help: I have been tasked with reviewing our backup policy but
    >>> have never used this product before. What I need, is to run a report which
    >>> will tell me which policy is backing up which server and which type of

    > back
    >>> up it is. Does anyone know how to do this? I can't find the answer in HELP
    >>> or Online. Any help gratefully received
    >>>
    >>> Regards

+ Reply to Thread