Netbackup error dur to not enough space with retention was set - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup error dur to not enough space with retention was set - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, I got a problem with Netbackup Datacenter v4.5GA on Windows 2000 server. All my backup are to disk and the retention period are all set to 1 week. But the retention function seems not working because I still ...

  1. Netbackup error dur to not enough space with retention was set

    Hi all,

    I got a problem with Netbackup Datacenter v4.5GA on Windows 2000 server.
    All my backup are to disk and the retention period are all set to 1 week.
    But the retention function seems not working because I still can see the
    backup 1 week ago and I need to delete the 1 files to retain the disk space
    for backup. Is anybody have this problem?

    Thanks
    Regards
    DAvid

  2. Re: Netbackup error dur to not enough space with retention was set

    Is it more than one week ago or has it been 7 days. NetBackup only
    cleans up images once a day so it may not have done that for the
    images 1 week old. I recommend that you set it to 6 days if you
    want/need the space available again on the 7th day.

    JR

    On 22 Sep 2005 22:19:35 -0500, "David" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I got a problem with Netbackup Datacenter v4.5GA on Windows 2000 server.
    >All my backup are to disk and the retention period are all set to 1 week.
    >But the retention function seems not working because I still can see the
    >backup 1 week ago and I need to delete the 1 files to retain the disk space
    >for backup. Is anybody have this problem?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Regards
    >DAvid

+ Reply to Thread