Restore fails with error 204 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore fails with error 204 - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm trying to do a restore and I'm receiving the following error message "connection refused by server backup restore manager(204) restore failed to recover the requested files(5) I'm attempting to redirect this restore from the original server to a CIFS ...

  1. Restore fails with error 204

    I'm trying to do a restore and I'm receiving the following error message
    "connection refused by server backup restore manager(204) restore failed
    to recover the requested files(5) I'm attempting to redirect this restore
    from the original server to a CIFS share on my NetApp SAN. I've checked
    ports and services and hosts file. they appear OK. any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advanced.

  2. Re: Restore fails with error 204

    Since you can't put a client on a Netapp server, you can't perform an
    alternate restore to it. Unless it was backed up using NDMP and you
    are restoring using NDMP and have configured that Netapp server with
    NDMP from NetBackup.

    JR

    On 19 Sep 2005 16:37:09 -0500, "rob" wrote:

    >I'm trying to do a restore and I'm receiving the following error message
    >"connection refused by server backup restore manager(204) restore failed
    >to recover the requested files(5) I'm attempting to redirect this restore
    >from the original server to a CIFS share on my NetApp SAN. I've checked
    >ports and services and hosts file. they appear OK. any help would be appreciated.
    >Thanks in Advanced.

+ Reply to Thread