Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 - invalid license info(2) - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 - invalid license info(2) - Veritas Net Backup ; I am runing Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 on windows 2000 with sp4 and all updates. I met a problem: When i tried adding drive using NetBackup Administration Console afters seting all options like name,type of drive, location of device etc after ...

  1. Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 - invalid license info(2)

    I am runing Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 on windows 2000 with sp4 and all updates.
    I met a problem:
    When i tried adding drive using NetBackup Administration Console afters seting
    all options like name,type of drive, location of device etc after pressing
    'ok' button i got info:
    Device configuration failed on ibm1_masterserwer with the following error:
    The external_robot_mapping file has invalid license info(2).
    I removed all tape drives using tpconfig -delete but still the info existed
    when i used console. Then i removed all files from C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\database
    and the mesage about invalid license info still prevents me from adding any
    tape drives or robots.
    I tried geting new robot and tape drives, it didn't help.
    Updating c:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\Share\external_robot_mappi ngs.txt
    and external_drive_mappings.txt neither helped.
    I can still add tape drives using tpconfig command, but adding devices through
    console is blocked by this info.
    Does anyone have any clue what is this message about, and how to solve this
    problem?

  2. Re: Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 - invalid license info(2)

    What patch level of 4.5 are you running? I believe this was fixed in
    MP5 or MP6.

    JR

    On 1 Sep 2005 10:43:37 -0500, "Krzysztof Nalazek"
    wrote:

    >I am runing Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 on windows 2000 with sp4 and all updates.
    >I met a problem:
    >When i tried adding drive using NetBackup Administration Console afters seting
    >all options like name,type of drive, location of device etc after pressing
    >'ok' button i got info:
    >Device configuration failed on ibm1_masterserwer with the following error:
    >The external_robot_mapping file has invalid license info(2).
    >I removed all tape drives using tpconfig -delete but still the info existed
    >when i used console. Then i removed all files from C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\database
    >and the mesage about invalid license info still prevents me from adding any
    >tape drives or robots.
    >I tried geting new robot and tape drives, it didn't help.
    >Updating c:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\Share\external_robot_mappi ngs.txt
    >and external_drive_mappings.txt neither helped.
    >I can still add tape drives using tpconfig command, but adding devices through
    >console is blocked by this info.
    >Does anyone have any clue what is this message about, and how to solve this
    >problem?

+ Reply to Thread