DRprepwizard errors - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on DRprepwizard errors - Veritas Net Backup ; Unless they have changed it post FP6, IDR expected to see a OS CD without service pack on it. In fact, for a while you couldn't even use OEM install CD's for the IDR creation process because IDR expected to ...

  1. Re: DRprepwizard errors

    Unless they have changed it post FP6, IDR expected to see a OS CD
    without service pack on it. In fact, for a while you couldn't even use
    OEM install CD's for the IDR creation process because IDR expected to
    see a specific structure and if it didn't it died. I suspect that is
    what you are running into here.

    JR

    On 24 Aug 2005 15:53:38 -0500, "Dave Flagler"
    wrote:

    >When running the drprepwizard on a W2K3 w/sp1 machine I get the following
    >errors:
    >Unexpected error at d:\be\rabi\3924r\betools\drprepwizard\cdmkimage.cp p 783
    >In the background you can see 2 errors in the progress screen they are:
    >directory entry name too long (27)
    >directory entry name too long (29)
    >It then finished with: error opening \\node\c$\netbackup\netbackup\IDR\disk1\51asetup1. en_.
    >
    >the only media I have is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1 which
    >is what is installed. I have found nothing on veritas.com about this error.
    >We are using Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP8.

  2. DRprepwizard errors

    When running the drprepwizard on a W2K3 w/sp1 machine I get the following
    errors:
    Unexpected error at d:\be\rabi\3924r\betools\drprepwizard\cdmkimage.cp p 783
    In the background you can see 2 errors in the progress screen they are:
    directory entry name too long (27)
    directory entry name too long (29)
    It then finished with: error opening \\node\c$\netbackup\netbackup\IDR\disk1\51asetup1. en_.

    the only media I have is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1 which
    is what is installed. I have found nothing on veritas.com about this error.
    We are using Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP8.

  3. Re: DRprepwizard errors

    Thanks, more vendors keeping up with the times. w2k3 sp1 is what is installed
    so that is what has to be restored, or I have to rebuild anyway, so what
    good is it?
    Anyway to edit the idr setup file so it will use w2k3 w/sp1?

    Jeff Redington wrote:
    >Unless they have changed it post FP6, IDR expected to see a OS CD
    >without service pack on it. In fact, for a while you couldn't even use
    >OEM install CD's for the IDR creation process because IDR expected to
    >see a specific structure and if it didn't it died. I suspect that is
    >what you are running into here.
    >
    >JR
    >
    >On 24 Aug 2005 15:53:38 -0500, "Dave Flagler"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>When running the drprepwizard on a W2K3 w/sp1 machine I get the following
    >>errors:
    >>Unexpected error at d:\be\rabi\3924r\betools\drprepwizard\cdmkimage.cp p

    783
    >>In the background you can see 2 errors in the progress screen they are:
    >>directory entry name too long (27)
    >>directory entry name too long (29)
    >>It then finished with: error opening \\node\c$\netbackup\netbackup\IDR\disk1\51asetup1. en_.
    >>
    >>the only media I have is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1 which
    >>is what is installed. I have found nothing on veritas.com about this error.
    >>We are using Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP8.

  4. Re: DRprepwizard errors

    For Win20003 Std Server SP1 you have to use a non SP1 install CD. It worked
    for me.

    Same goes for Win2000 Server SP4, you have to use an SP3 install CD.

    Dave.

    "Dave Flagler" wrote in message

    > Thanks, more vendors keeping up with the times. w2k3 sp1 is what is
    > installed
    > so that is what has to be restored, or I have to rebuild anyway, so what
    > good is it?
    > Anyway to edit the idr setup file so it will use w2k3 w/sp1?
    >
    > Jeff Redington wrote:
    >>Unless they have changed it post FP6, IDR expected to see a OS CD
    >>without service pack on it. In fact, for a while you couldn't even use
    >>OEM install CD's for the IDR creation process because IDR expected to
    >>see a specific structure and if it didn't it died. I suspect that is
    >>what you are running into here.
    >>
    >>JR
    >>
    >>On 24 Aug 2005 15:53:38 -0500, "Dave Flagler"
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>When running the drprepwizard on a W2K3 w/sp1 machine I get the following
    >>>errors:
    >>>Unexpected error at d:\be\rabi\3924r\betools\drprepwizard\cdmkimage.cp p

    > 783
    >>>In the background you can see 2 errors in the progress screen they are:
    >>>directory entry name too long (27)
    >>>directory entry name too long (29)
    >>>It then finished with: error opening
    >>>\\node\c$\netbackup\netbackup\IDR\disk1\51asetup1. en_.
    >>>
    >>>the only media I have is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1
    >>>which
    >>>is what is installed. I have found nothing on veritas.com about this
    >>>error.
    >>>We are using Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP8.

  5. Re: DRprepwizard errors

    To my knowledge there is no way to modify the IDR setup so it will use
    anything other than what it expects to see. You have to start with
    2003 and then install the SP. Giant pain in the rear end. I suggest
    investigating BMR (Bare Metal Restore). It is infintely better than
    the Intelligent Disaster Recreator.

    wrote:

    >When running the drprepwizard on a W2K3 w/sp1 machine I get the following
    >errors:
    >Unexpected error at d:\be\rabi\3924r\betools\drprepwizard\cdmkimage.cp p 783
    >In the background you can see 2 errors in the progress screen they are:
    >directory entry name too long (27)
    >directory entry name too long (29)
    >It then finished with: error opening \\node\c$\netbackup\netbackup\IDR\disk1\51asetup1. en_.
    >
    >the only media I have is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition w/sp1 which
    >is what is installed. I have found nothing on veritas.com about this error.
    >We are using Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP8.

+ Reply to Thread