Restore on a recovery disaster test server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Restore on a recovery disaster test server - Veritas Net Backup ; We now take backups on a Robot device (StorageTek L40) and want to test our backups on a RD test server, whose not in the network. The problem is that the testserver is not attached to the robotic device, but ...

  1. Restore on a recovery disaster test server

    We now take backups on a Robot device (StorageTek L40) and want to test our
    backups on a RD test server, whose not in the network. The problem is that
    the testserver is not attached to the robotic device, but is connect to a
    SCSI tape drive. The robotic device has LTO drives (hcart) and the other
    server has LTO2 drives (hcart2).
    How can we test the backups and do a restore ?
    Is any documentation available on that subject ?

    thanks in Advance

    Ivan

  2. Re: Restore on a recovery disaster test server

    You could change the drive definitions on one of the servers to match
    the other and run a backup and then a restore. Remember that you will
    also have to change or create a new storage unit on which ever server
    is changed. Other than that there really isn't any way to do it.

    JR

    On 23 Aug 2005 02:48:41 -0500, "Ivan Verborgt"
    wrote:

    >We now take backups on a Robot device (StorageTek L40) and want to test our
    >backups on a RD test server, whose not in the network. The problem is that
    >the testserver is not attached to the robotic device, but is connect to a
    >SCSI tape drive. The robotic device has LTO drives (hcart) and the other
    >server has LTO2 drives (hcart2).
    >How can we test the backups and do a restore ?
    >Is any documentation available on that subject ?
    >
    >thanks in Advance
    >
    >Ivan

+ Reply to Thread