Generating Scratch Listings for Retrieval From Offsite? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Generating Scratch Listings for Retrieval From Offsite? - Veritas Net Backup ; I have a client that is using NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 for backing up his Unix and Windows environments. He is trying to generate a listing of all media in scratch status so that it can be returned for reuse from ...

  1. Generating Scratch Listings for Retrieval From Offsite?

    I have a client that is using NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 for backing up his
    Unix and Windows environments. He is trying to generate a listing of all
    media in scratch status so that it can be returned for reuse from the offsite
    vault. I am guessing that he should be possibly issuing a vmquery command
    on a scratch pool, but I am not sure. Even if the command is correct, how
    can he output the list to a file?

    Thanks in advance.

    DRMan

  2. Re: Generating Scratch Listings for Retrieval From Offsite?

    The best way to do this is to use the available_media.cmd command
    under \NetBackup\bin\goodies. It will show all media that is available
    and all the media that is full or frozen.

    JR

    On 17 Aug 2005 11:51:37 -0500, "DRMan"
    wrote:

    >I have a client that is using NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 for backing up his
    >Unix and Windows environments. He is trying to generate a listing of all
    >media in scratch status so that it can be returned for reuse from the offsite
    >vault. I am guessing that he should be possibly issuing a vmquery command
    >on a scratch pool, but I am not sure. Even if the command is correct, how
    >can he output the list to a file?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >DRMan

+ Reply to Thread