Multiple Master Servers - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Multiple Master Servers - Veritas Net Backup ; I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on when to add a second or third master server to the mix. Is it a best practice to keep Windows and UNIX separated? We have 250 windows servers and we are ...

  1. Multiple Master Servers

    I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on when to add a second
    or third master server to the mix. Is it a best practice to keep Windows
    and UNIX separated?

    We have 250 windows servers and we are adding 20 redhat/AIX and Sun servers.
    I don't want the windows master to get crushed with the additional catalog
    information.

    Any help would be awesome!

    Ts

  2. Re: Multiple Master Servers

    Timmy Smith wrote, in part, on 8/4/2005 8:44 AM:
    > I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations on when to add a second
    > or third master server to the mix. Is it a best practice to keep Windows
    > and UNIX separated?

    I've heard of no such "best practice" and can't think of any reason to
    go that way ... just for separating the opsys. To my mind, simple is
    better and one master server is certainly simpler than multiple in most
    cases.

    > We have 250 windows servers and we are adding 20 redhat/AIX and Sun servers.
    > I don't want the windows master to get crushed with the additional catalog
    > information.

    Well, that's a different question, isn't it? ;-)

    cheers, wayne

+ Reply to Thread