Recover backup form tape marked scratch - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Recover backup form tape marked scratch - Veritas Net Backup ; I have found a few posts about this, but no details on how to do it. Our operators marked a tape as scratch before I could restore the data from it and now the backups n longer show up in ...

  1. Recover backup form tape marked scratch

    I have found a few posts about this, but no details on how to do it. Our operators
    marked a tape as scratch before I could restore the data from it and now
    the backups n longer show up in the "Backup, Archive, Restore" application.
    The tapes have not been overwritten. How can I get that backup off of the
    tape? Any help is appreciated.

  2. Re: Recover backup form tape marked scratch

    All you need to do is import the tape. You can find this under the
    catalog section in the gui. Or you can check the manual for your
    version of NetBackup to get step by step directions on the import
    process.

    Jeff

    On 1 Jun 2005 15:41:18 -0500, "Jeremy Johnson"
    wrote:

    >I have found a few posts about this, but no details on how to do it. Our operators
    >marked a tape as scratch before I could restore the data from it and now
    >the backups n longer show up in the "Backup, Archive, Restore" application.
    >The tapes have not been overwritten. How can I get that backup off of the
    >tape? Any help is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread