HELP! NetBackup DataCenter Not Automatically Pulling Scratch Media to Monthly Pool - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on HELP! NetBackup DataCenter Not Automatically Pulling Scratch Media to Monthly Pool - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello. I work for a medical claims company and have run into an issue I can find no helpful resolution to and am hoping someone might be kind enough to shine the way. We run NetBackup DataCenter v4.5MP6 with multiple ...

  1. HELP! NetBackup DataCenter Not Automatically Pulling Scratch Media to Monthly Pool

    Hello. I work for a medical claims company and have run into an issue I can
    find no helpful resolution to and am hoping someone might be kind enough
    to shine the way.

    We run NetBackup DataCenter v4.5MP6 with multiple volume pools configured,
    as well as a standardized scratch pool. The system is configured to pull
    tapes, as needed, from scratch and use them. This appears to work fine for
    everything but the monthly's. I have examined and reexamined this until
    I am literally cross-eyed and can find no logical reason for this.

    I'm now hoping maybe someone not so close to the problem will facilitate
    a possible solution, because quite frankly I'm stumped.

    Much thanks.

  2. Re: HELP! NetBackup DataCenter Not Automatically Pulling Scratch Media to Monthly Pool

    The only thing I can recommend is that you look at the bptm logs
    (assuming you have them turned on) for a media server that fails the
    monthly because of a lack of media. You should be able to see it
    search for available media and that should help point you in the
    direction to find out why it is failing for the montlys only. I can
    think of no earthly reason why it would work for some jobs and not
    others.

    Jeff

    On 31 May 2005 17:40:20 -0500, "trilidar"
    wrote:

    >Hello. I work for a medical claims company and have run into an issue I can
    >find no helpful resolution to and am hoping someone might be kind enough
    >to shine the way.
    >
    >We run NetBackup DataCenter v4.5MP6 with multiple volume pools configured,
    >as well as a standardized scratch pool. The system is configured to pull
    >tapes, as needed, from scratch and use them. This appears to work fine for
    >everything but the monthly's. I have examined and reexamined this until
    >I am literally cross-eyed and can find no logical reason for this.
    >
    >I'm now hoping maybe someone not so close to the problem will facilitate
    >a possible solution, because quite frankly I'm stumped.
    >
    >Much thanks.

+ Reply to Thread