Reports appear with Full flag status of Tape - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Reports appear with Full flag status of Tape - Veritas Net Backup ; Reports appear Full status flag of tapes, infect they are also not available for backup, actual size are 110GB but after 50 or 60GB it flaged Full..........almost 95% of tapes have same status. can any one steer me to solution. ...

  1. Reports appear with Full flag status of Tape

    Reports appear Full status flag of tapes, infect they are also not available
    for backup, actual size are 110GB but after 50 or 60GB it flaged Full..........almost
    95% of tapes have same status.

    can any one steer me to solution.
    Syed Ali

  2. Re: Reports appear with Full flag status of Tape

    If NetBackup has reported them as full, then they are full. The
    reports are a little misleading regarding the amount of data that was
    actually written to tape due to compression and some other
    eccentricities of the way NetBackup reports those numbers. But in
    order for a tape to be reported as full by NetBackup it has to get
    passed an EOM message from the tape drive hardware which means it has
    reached the physical End Of Media.

    Jeff

    On 15 May 2005 05:05:58 -0500, "Syed Ali" wrote:

    >Reports appear Full status flag of tapes, infect they are also not available
    >for backup, actual size are 110GB but after 50 or 60GB it flaged Full..........almost
    >95% of tapes have same status.
    >
    >can any one steer me to solution.
    >Syed Ali

+ Reply to Thread