Creating Duplicate tapes requires original server? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Creating Duplicate tapes requires original server? - Veritas Net Backup ; I can't believe the way this system operates. To duplicate an image the program needs to have the server that created the tape involved.... If the master backup server controls the library, shouldn't it be able to just stick the ...

  1. Creating Duplicate tapes requires original server?

    I can't believe the way this system operates.
    To duplicate an image the program needs to have the server that created the
    tape involved....
    If the master backup server controls the library, shouldn't it be able to
    just stick the source tape in and copy to the destination?

  2. Re: Creating Duplicate tapes requires original server?

    FORCE_MEDIA_RESTORE originalservername masterservername
    This needs to be placed into the master servers bp.conf for UNIX
    or it can be enabled via the NetBackup properties in windows

    "Jay" wrote:

    >I can't believe the way this system operates.
    >To duplicate an image the program needs to have the server that created

    the
    >tape involved....
    >If the master backup server controls the library, shouldn't it be able to
    >just stick the source tape in and copy to the destination?

+ Reply to Thread