How to get script to run before backup starts on a client - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to get script to run before backup starts on a client - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm trying to run a PERL script before the backup of a client server begins - basically to stop ClearCase and lock the VOBS and then to unlock and restart. Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Is there ...

  1. How to get script to run before backup starts on a client

    I'm trying to run a PERL script before the backup of a client server begins
    - basically to stop ClearCase and lock the VOBS and then to unlock and restart.
    Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Is there a script that should
    be used on the master server or client that will accomplish this? Thanks
    in advance.

  2. Re: How to get script to run before backup starts on a client

    i think you want to look into
    bpstart_notify and bpend_notify
    this is something built into netbackup to run before and after backups.

    "Jason" wrote:

    >I'm trying to run a PERL script before the backup of a client server begins
    >- basically to stop ClearCase and lock the VOBS and then to unlock and restart.
    >Has anyone had any experience with doing this? Is there a script that should
    >be used on the master server or client that will accomplish this? Thanks
    >in advance.

+ Reply to Thread