Volume Group error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Volume Group error - Veritas Net Backup ; During inventory on the robot (TS8) the last tape failed to insert into the database with the following error: too many volumes in volume group (68) I finally had to set the advanced option for group insertion to AUTO-GENERATE; which ...

  1. Volume Group error

    During inventory on the robot (TS8) the last tape failed to insert into the
    database with the following error:
    too many volumes in volume group (68)

    I finally had to set the advanced option for group insertion to AUTO-GENERATE;
    which created a new volume group.
    Why is this happening?

  2. Re: Volume Group error

    wow!.... there's a hard limit for the number of volumes?
    "Matt Timken" wrote in message

    > During inventory on the robot (TS8) the last tape failed to insert into

    the
    > database with the following error:
    > too many volumes in volume group (68)
    >
    > I finally had to set the advanced option for group insertion to

    AUTO-GENERATE;
    > which created a new volume group.
    > Why is this happening?

  3. Re: Volume Group error

    Apparently, but in this case is seems to be off by one.
    (and not in my favor).

    "Joe Despres" wrote:
    >wow!.... there's a hard limit for the number of volumes?
    >"Matt Timken" wrote in message
    >>
    >> During inventory on the robot (TS8) the last tape failed to insert into

    >the
    >> database with the following error:
    >> too many volumes in volume group (68)
    >>
    >> I finally had to set the advanced option for group insertion to

    >AUTO-GENERATE;
    >> which created a new volume group.
    >> Why is this happening?

  4. Re: Volume Group error

    How many volumes does your library hold?
    you can't have more volumes than what your library is physically able to
    hold.

    "Matt Timken" wrote:

    >Apparently, but in this case is seems to be off by one.
    >(and not in my favor).
    >
    >"Joe Despres" wrote:
    >>wow!.... there's a hard limit for the number of volumes?
    >>"Matt Timken" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> During inventory on the robot (TS8) the last tape failed to insert into

    >>the
    >>> database with the following error:
    >>> too many volumes in volume group (68)
    >>>
    >>> I finally had to set the advanced option for group insertion to

    >>AUTO-GENERATE;
    >>> which created a new volume group.
    >>> Why is this happening?

+ Reply to Thread