Using ESX 2.0 as a Netbackup 4.5 Media server? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Using ESX 2.0 as a Netbackup 4.5 Media server? - Veritas Net Backup ; Anyone out there doing this yet? We've tried to do the Netbackup install as a Media server, but the installation kicks back "Unknown Linux Server OS Level, Exiting, check_dep..." Client installation works fine, but apparently the Media setup is checking ...

  1. Using ESX 2.0 as a Netbackup 4.5 Media server?

    Anyone out there doing this yet? We've tried to do the Netbackup install as
    a Media server, but the installation kicks back "Unknown Linux Server OS
    Level, Exiting, check_dep..."

    Client installation works fine, but apparently the Media setup is checking
    versions, anyway around that?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Using ESX 2.0 as a Netbackup 4.5 Media server?

    Now to answer my own question:

    Veritas support pointed us in the right direction, since the
    /etc/redhat-release file doesn't exist on ESX 2.0, I just created the file
    and gave it the following:

    Red Hat Linux Advanced 7.2 Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola)

    Save the file and try your installation again - works like a champ! One
    thing to note, I did have to download and install the ncurses4 package from
    RedHat as its a dependency of Netbackup apparently.

    Wahoo!
    "*|ASMD|* Jackal" wrote in message
    > Anyone out there doing this yet? We've tried to do the Netbackup install

    as
    > a Media server, but the installation kicks back "Unknown Linux Server OS
    > Level, Exiting, check_dep..."
    >
    > Client installation works fine, but apparently the Media setup is checking
    > versions, anyway around that?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread