How to restore client(s) from a decommisioned media server? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to restore client(s) from a decommisioned media server? - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi Does anyone know whether there is an option to restore client(s) from a recently decommisioned media server without having to reinstate the media server? I keep getting error "connection refused by the restore manager". My guess is because the ...

  1. How to restore client(s) from a decommisioned media server?

    Hi

    Does anyone know whether there is an option to restore client(s) from a recently
    decommisioned media server without having to reinstate the media server?
    I keep getting error "connection refused by the restore manager". My guess
    is because the media server is not active anymore? This media server was
    FC attached to 4 SDLT drives in a Tape Library. I'm running NetBackup DC
    3.4.1 with Windows 2000 Server.

  2. Re: How to restore client(s) from a decommisioned media server?

    try this, don't know if it works with the old meida server gone, but I know
    it worked for me, but my media server was still vaild.
    you want to change control of the tape to a different media server (by default
    whomever backed it up will restore it).

    bpmedia -movedb -ev -newserver -oldserver

    then try the restore again.

    "Phong" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Does anyone know whether there is an option to restore client(s) from a

    recently
    >decommisioned media server without having to reinstate the media server?
    > I keep getting error "connection refused by the restore manager". My guess
    >is because the media server is not active anymore? This media server was
    >FC attached to 4 SDLT drives in a Tape Library. I'm running NetBackup DC
    >3.4.1 with Windows 2000 Server.

  3. Re: How to restore client(s) from a decommisioned media server?

    In the master server host properties, genreal server tab, specify Media host
    override.

    Mike

    "Phong" wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know whether there is an option to restore client(s) from a

    recently
    > decommisioned media server without having to reinstate the media server?
    > I keep getting error "connection refused by the restore manager". My

    guess
    > is because the media server is not active anymore? This media server was
    > FC attached to 4 SDLT drives in a Tape Library. I'm running NetBackup DC
    > 3.4.1 with Windows 2000 Server.

+ Reply to Thread