OTM error - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on OTM error - Veritas Net Backup ; Received the following error while backing up Netware 5.1 server while trying to perform scheduled backup using OTM. ERR-OTM Error: 0xe00010005(err = 536866811) unable to scan next dataset SMS:FFFEFFFF: An invalid connection handle was passed to the SMDR. The backup ...

  1. OTM error

    Received the following error while backing up Netware 5.1 server while trying
    to perform scheduled backup using OTM.
    ERR-OTM Error: 0xe00010005(err = 536866811)
    unable to scan next datasetSMS:FFFEFFFF: An invalid connection handle was
    passed to the SMDR.

    The backup failed with an exit status of 156 OTM error. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Lisa

  2. Re: OTM error

    Hello Lisa,
    Did you check path for filesystem ?
    Have you right TSA loaded (TSA500) ?
    Did you occure this error on NSS volumes or traditional filesystem ?
    Which service pack you are installed on this server ?
    Jan

    LD wrote:

    > Received the following error while backing up Netware 5.1 server while trying
    > to perform scheduled backup using OTM.
    > ERR-OTM Error: 0xe00010005(err = 536866811)
    > unable to scan next datasetSMS:FFFEFFFF: An invalid connection handle was
    > passed to the SMDR.
    >
    > The backup failed with an exit status of 156 OTM error. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Lisa

  3. Re: OTM error

    Jan,
    I have the correct TSA loaded(TSA500)
    Traditional files system.
    SP5 is installed.

    Lisa
    "Jan Dusatko" wrote in message
    > Hello Lisa,
    > Did you check path for filesystem ?
    > Have you right TSA loaded (TSA500) ?
    > Did you occure this error on NSS volumes or traditional filesystem ?
    > Which service pack you are installed on this server ?
    > Jan
    >
    > LD wrote:
    >
    > > Received the following error while backing up Netware 5.1 server while

    trying
    > > to perform scheduled backup using OTM.
    > > ERR-OTM Error: 0xe00010005(err = 536866811)
    > > unable to scan next datasetSMS:FFFEFFFF: An invalid connection handle

    was
    > > passed to the SMDR.
    > >
    > > The backup failed with an exit status of 156 OTM error. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Lisa

+ Reply to Thread