Can't restore SQL database using de Database Extension GUI - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Can't restore SQL database using de Database Extension GUI - Veritas Net Backup ; I have installed Veritas NBU 45 Data Center and the SQL agent on a WIndows W2K Adv. Server with the maintenance pack MP3. The backups are ok but when trying to make a restore via the restore option F3 using ...

  1. Can't restore SQL database using de Database Extension GUI

    I have installed Veritas NBU 45 Data Center and the SQL agent on a WIndows
    W2K Adv. Server with the maintenance pack MP3. The backups are ok but when
    trying to make a restore via the restore option F3 using the Netbackup Database
    Extension GUI, I get the message "No backup objects were found for database
    instance , client xxxxx , in the specified time frame". I have
    checked all parameters and everything looks fine. It seems that no backups
    were done at all but I can see all backups in the backup, archive and restore
    window.

    Thank you,

    Flávio

  2. Re: Can't restore SQL database using de Database Extension GUI

    Under File/Specify Netbackup Machines ensure you have the correct client
    specified using the EXACT SAME case. I had this issue when in the NB
    Console the job was set to backup a server called "Apple" and under the
    Specify NetBackup Machines I had the client set as "apple".

    To prevent this happening in future I just decided to make everything lower
    case.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread