zero length files - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on zero length files - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, I recently did a restore with NB 3.4.1. NB didn't seem to restore any zero-byte length files. I can't seem to find anything related in Veritas' unhelpful knowledgebase. Anyone seen this before? There are tons of these files and ...

  1. zero length files

    Hello,

    I recently did a restore with NB 3.4.1. NB didn't seem to restore any
    zero-byte length files. I can't seem to find anything related in Veritas'
    unhelpful knowledgebase. Anyone seen this before? There are tons of these
    files and they are necessary files in our development process. thanks

  2. Re: zero length files

    T Baker wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently did a restore with NB 3.4.1. NB didn't seem to restore any
    > zero-byte length files. I can't seem to find anything related in Veritas'
    > unhelpful knowledgebase. Anyone seen this before? There are tons of these
    > files and they are necessary files in our development process. thanks

    You do not mention client OS at all... Seems sort of relevant, don't
    you think?

    If it is Netware, could be that the directory quota is exceeded so
    there is 0 space, but directory entries take up no space, so the file
    names show up as 0 byte files.

  3. Re: zero length files

    Client OS is emulating Windows via SMB shares. It's actually a Dell 705N NAS
    box.

    "Geoffrey Carman" wrote in message
    > T Baker wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I recently did a restore with NB 3.4.1. NB didn't seem to restore any
    > > zero-byte length files. I can't seem to find anything related in

    Veritas'
    > > unhelpful knowledgebase. Anyone seen this before? There are tons of

    these
    > > files and they are necessary files in our development process. thanks

    > You do not mention client OS at all... Seems sort of relevant, don't
    > you think?
    >
    > If it is Netware, could be that the directory quota is exceeded so
    > there is 0 space, but directory entries take up no space, so the file
    > names show up as 0 byte files.

+ Reply to Thread