Slow ndmp backups - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Slow ndmp backups - Veritas Net Backup ; Hello, Just put Datacentre into production which is feeding off a Netapp F820 filer, my NDMP backups are dead slow about 11Kb/sec but I have seen them dump to tape at the the expect 15000Kb/sec speed. Ive read through various ...

  1. Slow ndmp backups

    Hello,

    Just put Datacentre into production which is feeding off a Netapp F820 filer,
    my NDMP backups are dead slow about 11Kb/sec but I have seen them dump
    to tape at the the expect 15000Kb/sec speed.

    Ive read through various articles on veritas and Netapp about the problem
    but I cant seem to resolve it. Anyone else have first hand experience on
    this problem?

  2. Re: Slow ndmp backups

    Could run the following test
    - dump 0uf null /vol/vol0 ----> using the null device to see if the issue is
    tape drive related
    - dump 0uf nrst#a /vol/vol0
    - Then using netbackup backup the same volume /vol/vol0 ( through a new
    class )
    - Set the variable "SET HIST=N" in the file list and launch another backup

    "Marc" wrote in message news:3eaf75d4$1@hronntp01....

    > Hello,
    >
    > Just put Datacentre into production which is feeding off a Netapp F820

    filer,
    > my NDMP backups are dead slow about 11Kb/sec but I have seen them dump
    > to tape at the the expect 15000Kb/sec speed.
    >
    > Ive read through various articles on veritas and Netapp about the problem
    > but I cant seem to resolve it. Anyone else have first hand experience on
    > this problem?

+ Reply to Thread