Rename Media server - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Rename Media server - Veritas Net Backup ; I'm running datacenter 4.5 MP3, and I have a media server that I'm no longer using. Once all the media expires (in a month) I have to rename the server and put it back in production. What's my best bet ...

  1. Rename Media server

    I'm running datacenter 4.5 MP3, and I have a media server that I'm no longer
    using. Once all the media expires (in a month) I have to rename the server
    and put it back in production. What's my best bet for doing this? I'd prefer
    not to have to rebuild the box from scratch, it took me a long time (and
    many support calls) to get it running in the first place. Any ideas/suggestions?

  2. Re: Rename Media server

    "Natog" wrote:

    >I'm running datacenter 4.5 MP3, and I have a media server that I'm no longer
    >using. Once all the media expires (in a month) I have to rename the server
    >and put it back in production. What's my best bet for doing this? I'd prefer
    >not to have to rebuild the box from scratch, it took me a long time (and
    >many support calls) to get it running in the first place. Any ideas/suggestions?

    Please see technote:

    The technote describes how to de-commision a media server.
    Once it has been thoroughly de-commisioned then it is a simple procedure
    to allow it to return with a new name as a new media server.
    Change to the new name in the configurations for the server and
    update all clients and the master for the new server name to be a valid
    server

+ Reply to Thread