error 84 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on error 84 - Veritas Net Backup ; Sometimes, my Netbackup Datacenter server 4.5 give me an error message,when a backup is running. I run a backup on Compaq 35/70 DLT librairy with W2K SP3 , Netbackup Data Center 4.5. I setup a drive cleaning every 5 hours ...

  1. error 84

    Sometimes, my Netbackup Datacenter server 4.5 give me an error message,when
    a backup is running. I run a backup on Compaq 35/70 DLT librairy with W2K
    SP3 , Netbackup Data Center 4.5. I setup a drive cleaning every 5 hours and
    i got the same problem.The bptm logs show me (Data error (cyclic redundancy
    check)).The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    has bad block, event id7.
    All of my tape are comming from ARCSERVE. Do i need to format with bplabel
    those tapes. ????Someone have a clue about that!!!!

  2. Re: error 84

    I would try first :

    1) do you get this messages on all tape drives ?
    2)_ do you get this message on all media ?
    3) does the manual clean and attempt of immediate backup solve the issue ?

    "Jerome" wrote in message news:3e9ea72b@hronntp01....

    > Sometimes, my Netbackup Datacenter server 4.5 give me an error

    message,when
    > a backup is running. I run a backup on Compaq 35/70 DLT librairy with W2K
    > SP3 , Netbackup Data Center 4.5. I setup a drive cleaning every 5 hours

    and
    > i got the same problem.The bptm logs show me (Data error (cyclic

    redundancy
    > check)).The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    > has bad block, event id7.
    > All of my tape are comming from ARCSERVE. Do i need to format with bplabel
    > those tapes. ????Someone have a clue about that!!!!

  3. Re: error 84

    I got the following error messages only on tape1 when the 84 error appears.

    > The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    > has bad block, event id7.

    I did not get the 84 error on all medias. I setup a cleaning drive last
    week. The cleaning did not resolve the problem. It seems to be a problem
    with the tape drive. I just called the customer hardware tech support from
    Compaq.

    Jerome

    ?

    >"Jerome" wrote in message news:3e9ea72b@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Sometimes, my Netbackup Datacenter server 4.5 give me an error

    >message,when
    >> a backup is running. I run a backup on Compaq 35/70 DLT librairy with

    W2K
    >> SP3 , Netbackup Data Center 4.5. I setup a drive cleaning every 5 hours

    >and
    >> i got the same problem.The bptm logs show me (Data error (cyclic

    >redundancy
    >> check)).The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    >> has bad block, event id7.
    >> All of my tape are comming from ARCSERVE. Do i need to format with bplabel
    >> those tapes. ????Someone have a clue about that!!!!

  4. Re: error 84

    I finally replace the tape drive and i fix the problem with that. Last incremental
    and full backup working really fine.

    "Jerome" wrote:

    >I got the following error messages only on tape1 when the 84 error appears.
    >
    >> The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    >> has bad block, event id7.

    > I did not get the 84 error on all medias. I setup a cleaning drive last
    >week. The cleaning did not resolve the problem. It seems to be a problem
    >with the tape drive. I just called the customer hardware tech support from
    >Compaq.
    >
    >Jerome
    >

    >"the 13th warrior" wrote:
    >>I would try first :
    >>
    >>1) do you get this messages on all tape drives ?
    >>2)_ do you get this message on all media ?
    >>3) does the manual clean and attempt of immediate backup solve the issue

    >?
    >>
    >>"Jerome" wrote in message news:3e9ea72b@hronntp01....
    >>>
    >>> Sometimes, my Netbackup Datacenter server 4.5 give me an error

    >>message,when
    >>> a backup is running. I run a backup on Compaq 35/70 DLT librairy with

    >W2K
    >>> SP3 , Netbackup Data Center 4.5. I setup a drive cleaning every 5 hours

    >>and
    >>> i got the same problem.The bptm logs show me (Data error (cyclic

    >>redundancy
    >>> check)).The W2K event viewer show this message: The device , device\tape1
    >>> has bad block, event id7.
    >>> All of my tape are comming from ARCSERVE. Do i need to format with bplabel
    >>> those tapes. ????Someone have a clue about that!!!!

+ Reply to Thread