How to replace current backup server with new server? - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on How to replace current backup server with new server? - Veritas Net Backup ; I am physically replacing my current backup server with a new one. What is the best way to do this? Here is what I was considering: 1) Do full backup of my current server. 2) Install the Win2K and latest ...

  1. How to replace current backup server with new server?

    I am physically replacing my current backup server with a new one. What is
    the best way to do this? Here is what I was considering:

    1) Do full backup of my current server.
    2) Install the Win2K and latest service packs on my server.
    3) Install Netbackup with same version as current server
    4) Import tape backup of current server on new server
    5) restore Netbackup directories on new server using imported catalog

    Will this work? If there are better ways of doing this please let me know.
    Any advise will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    jt

  2. Re: How to replace current backup server with new server?

    steps 1 - 3 are ok.

    all you have to do then is run bprecover from the

    c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd

    folder (or whatever your install path is)

    Check admin guide for full instructions.

    This restores the catlogue information.

    You can then restore data as normal without having to import any tapes.

    "Jatinder Shoker" wrote in message

    > I am physically replacing my current backup server with a new one. What is
    > the best way to do this? Here is what I was considering:
    >
    > 1) Do full backup of my current server.
    > 2) Install the Win2K and latest service packs on my server.
    > 3) Install Netbackup with same version as current server
    > 4) Import tape backup of current server on new server
    > 5) restore Netbackup directories on new server using imported catalog
    >
    > Will this work? If there are better ways of doing this please let me know.
    > Any advise will be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > jt

+ Reply to Thread