W2K server crushed after disaster recovery - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on W2K server crushed after disaster recovery - Veritas Net Backup ; W2K repeates reboot and crush after DR. The system boot up to windows login process, the console display switched 'Windows2000 server family' logo to black screen. But then it crushes and start POS and boot up again..... A procedure is ...

  1. W2K server crushed after disaster recovery

    W2K repeates reboot and crush after DR.
    The system boot up to windows login process, the console display switched
    'Windows2000 server family' logo to black screen. But then it crushes and
    start POS and boot up again.....
    A procedure is as follows.
    1.Full system backup with System_State & c:\
    2.Clear all windows system and setup w2k&patches
    3.Install NBU DataCenter Master Server v4.3.1GA /Japanese Ver.
    4.Apply NBU paches
    5.Catalog Recovery
    6.Restore all.... c:\ System_State
    7.Restart the system
    8.Crush, and repeat reboot and crush.

    The system could be recoverd by W2Koption.
    But, Where of this procedure is wrong?

    Moreover, what is necessary is just to carry out what for investigating a
    cause?

  2. Re: W2K server crushed after disaster recovery

    Any hardware changes between backup and restore operations ?

    "Takashi Hamada" wrote in message

    > W2K repeates reboot and crush after DR.
    > The system boot up to windows login process, the console display switched
    > 'Windows2000 server family' logo to black screen. But then it crushes and
    > start POS and boot up again.....
    > A procedure is as follows.
    > 1.Full system backup with System_State & c:\
    > 2.Clear all windows system and setup w2k&patches
    > 3.Install NBU DataCenter Master Server v4.3.1GA /Japanese Ver.
    > 4.Apply NBU paches
    > 5.Catalog Recovery
    > 6.Restore all.... c:\ System_State
    > 7.Restart the system
    > 8.Crush, and repeat reboot and crush.
    >
    > The system could be recoverd by W2Koption.
    > But, Where of this procedure is wrong?
    >
    > Moreover, what is necessary is just to carry out what for investigating a
    > cause?

  3. Re: W2K server crushed after disaster recovery

    Thanks Mr/Mrs warrior.

    No changes.
    I just tried for backup and restore operation.
    So there is no changes on hardwere.

    Please give me any advise.

    thanks. Takashi Hamada

    "the 13th warrior" wrote:
    >Any hardware changes between backup and restore operations ?
    >

    >"Takashi Hamada" wrote in message
    >>
    >> W2K repeates reboot and crush after DR.
    >> The system boot up to windows login process, the console display switched
    >> 'Windows2000 server family' logo to black screen. But then it crushes

    and
    >> start POS and boot up again.....
    >> A procedure is as follows.
    >> 1.Full system backup with System_State & c:\
    >> 2.Clear all windows system and setup w2k&patches
    >> 3.Install NBU DataCenter Master Server v4.3.1GA /Japanese Ver.
    >> 4.Apply NBU paches
    >> 5.Catalog Recovery
    >> 6.Restore all.... c:\ System_State
    >> 7.Restart the system
    >> 8.Crush, and repeat reboot and crush.
    >>
    >> The system could be recoverd by W2Koption.
    >> But, Where of this procedure is wrong?
    >>
    >> Moreover, what is necessary is just to carry out what for investigating

    >> cause?

+ Reply to Thread