bpstart and bpend in multi-streamed backup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on bpstart and bpend in multi-streamed backup - Veritas Net Backup ; I see info for this. Basically, backing up multiple streams, each stream fires off the bpstart script when it starts. This is not good. So, had the script search for "file" and if exist exit. Otherwise create "file". This is ...

  1. bpstart and bpend in multi-streamed backup

    I see info for this. Basically, backing up multiple streams, each stream
    fires off the bpstart script when it starts. This is not good. So, had
    the script search for "file" and if exist exit. Otherwise create "file".
    This is easy and I guess it works.
    The problem is the bpend. How do I keep each stream from firing off bpend.
    The first stream finishes and dumps the volumes I have mounted through bpstart
    which makes any stream still running fail. How do I make it to where the
    final stream of the job is the one that executes the bpend script.

    Please help.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: bpstart and bpend in multi-streamed backup

    From "NetBackup_DC_Admin_Guide":
    For Windows 2000 and NT clients, the bpend_notify script can use the following
    environment variables for the support of multiple data streams:
    STREAM_NUMBER indicates the stream number. The first stream started from
    a class,
    client, and schedule will be 1. A value of 0, indicates that multiple data
    streams is not
    enabled.
    STREAM_COUNT specifies the total number of streams to be generated from this
    class,
    client, and schedule.
    STREAM_PID is the pid (process ID) number of bpbkar.

    "Jason Dietz" wrote:

    >I see info for this. Basically, backing up multiple streams, each stream
    >fires off the bpstart script when it starts. This is not good. So, had
    >the script search for "file" and if exist exit. Otherwise create "file".
    > This is easy and I guess it works.
    >The problem is the bpend. How do I keep each stream from firing off bpend.
    > The first stream finishes and dumps the volumes I have mounted through

    bpstart
    >which makes any stream still running fail. How do I make it to where the
    >final stream of the job is the one that executes the bpend script.
    >
    >Please help.
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: bpstart and bpend in multi-streamed backup

    Check, http://discussion.aconsensus.com/viewtopic.php?t=13

    I found this and have modified it. Works great.

    "Jason Dietz" wrote in message

    > I see info for this. Basically, backing up multiple streams, each stream
    > fires off the bpstart script when it starts. This is not good. So, had
    > the script search for "file" and if exist exit. Otherwise create "file".
    > This is easy and I guess it works.
    > The problem is the bpend. How do I keep each stream from firing off

    bpend.
    > The first stream finishes and dumps the volumes I have mounted through

    bpstart
    > which makes any stream still running fail. How do I make it to where the
    > final stream of the job is the one that executes the bpend script.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread